To post a job on this board, please send an email with a job description and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your position will be posted within 24 hours. Please let us know when the position has been filled so we can remove it from the site. Otherwise it will be removed after 90 days. Thank you.
Golf Course Superintendent (9/6/19)
El Paso Country Club
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: September 6, 2019
Degree in Turf Grass Management recommended
Minimum 5 years as the Head or First Assistant Golf Course Superintendent at a private Country Club
Knowledge of West Texas climate is a plus
Comments and Job Requirements:
El Paso Country Club consist of 125 acres of land with an eighteen hole championship golf course, 8 lighted tennis courts, fitness center, Olympic swimming pool and a 40,000 SQFT clubhouse. It is established in 1906 and is regarded as one of the oldest country clubs in the state of Texas. Prestige, legacy and culture are vital attributes of the Club and over 900 members are proud to be part of its tradition.
The Club is seeking for an experienced and savvy golf course superintendent. The right candidate must possess complete knowledge of agronomy with strong leadership and management skills. Effective communication with senior management and the board of governors along with active involvement in Greens committee is a must. The candidate must make himself visible to membership and not be afraid to tackle challenges. A visionary leader who can lead tenured staff and accomplish not only what is needed on a daily basis but also establish a long range golf course improvement plan.
Please email cover letter and resume to email addresses listed above
A competitive salary package to include a base salary, a generous bonus potential, health insurance along with paid vacation will be offered to the selected candidate
Golf Course Superintendent-Elkins Lake Huntsville, TX
Reports to: General Manager
Supervises: Asst. Superintendent, Foreman; Irrigation Specialist; Equipment Operators; Equipment Mechanic
Classification: Senior Staff
Education and/or Experience
- Class A Superintendent with 2 years’ experience or Assistant Superintendent with 5 years’ experience in a supervisory/leadership role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Horticulture or Plant Science preferred.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Understand the rules of golf and be up to date on federal, state and local laws on golf course operations.
- Administrative and executive ability, especially critical in problem-solving and decision-making.
- Ability to communicate with management and staff and provide excellent customer service to members.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Manage and maintain golf course properties including golf course, landscaping, open spaces and the equipment used to maintain these areas.
- Maintains all grounds and course maintenance equipment
- Schedules, trains, supervises and evaluates all personnel assigned to department.
- Maintains accurate work records for all personnel in the department.
- Supervises all planting, fertilizing, care and removal of turf, plants, shrubs, trees and
other facilities on the golf course.
- Maintains course in proper playing condition.
- Inspects course regularly to evaluate and recommend improvements.
- Oversees all construction, maintenance and renovations on the golf course.
- Supervises equipment repair staff and follow up on equipment preventative maintenance programs.
- Prepares annual budget for department; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that
budget goals are met.
- Establishes short- and long-range plans for the golf course.
- Ability to create annual fertility and pesticide programs and implement within budget.
- Develops and maintains drainage, irrigation and watering systems.
- Implements and enforces comprehensive safety program for employees, members, and guests on course in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Ensures that chemicals, petroleum and other controlled products are used, stored and disposed of in accordance with local, state and federal regulations; maintains required records and strives to minimize
the use of chemicals and petroleum products.
- Communicates as necessary with the GM and Head Golf Professional to discuss conditions of facilities, maintenance plans, scheduled events and the number of rounds played.
- Attends staff and Golf Committee meetings and provides updates.
- Keeps members informed about current and future maintenance activities via verbal, written and electronic notification.
- Plans professional development and training activities including safety training for equipment use and proper handling of fertilizers, herbicides, and all other chemicals used on course;
- Makes recommendations for capital improvement and purchases.
- Conducts other appropriate tasks assigned by the General Manager.
Licenses and Special Requirements
- Certified Golf Course Superintendent (CGCS).
- Pesticide Application certification.
- Valid driver’s license.
Please forward resumes to Rusty Denner, GM, at email@example.com
Cameron Country Club is now accepting applications for a golf course maintenance supervisor.
Experience: Must have prior experience with golf course maintenance.
Educational Requirements: High School graduate
Responsibilities: course set up, fertilizer/pesticide application, development and application of weed control plan, equipment maintenance, irrigation repair/maintenance.
Compensation – $35,000-40,000
Course Description – 9-hole course located in Cameron, Texas.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Golf Couse Superintendent
Location: McAllen, TX
Department: Palmview Golf Course
Closes On: May 31, 2019 at 11:50 PM CST
Rate of Pay: D.O.Q
Apply online: www.mcallen.net/jobs
This position is responsible for the operation and management of the Maintenance and Operations Division of the golf course. The position is under general direction of the Director of Golf. He or she is responsible for supervising the entire maintenance programs of the golf course and its maintenance equipment as well as any construction projects that may arise during his or her tenure, rendering professional advice, opinions, assistance and services to the Advisory board as required; and participate in long-range planning.
- Job requires an Associate’s degree in Agronomy or Turfgrass Management from an accredited college or university.
2. Job requires a minimum of two (2) years’ experience as the Golf Course Superintendent or Assistant Golf Course Superintendent at an established 18-hole golf course.
3. Job requires proficiency in the use of computers and modern software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
4. Job requires a current, valid Texas Class C driver’s license
- This position is safety sensitive, subject to drug and alcohol testing.
2. This position has supervisory responsibilities over others.
Health Insurance · Vision Insurance · Dental Insurance · Life Insurance · Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) · Supplemental Policies available
Golf Course Superintendent (3/6/19)
Casa Blanca Golf Course
Location: 3900 Casa Blanca Rd, Laredo, TX 78041
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Commensurate with experience and
Closing Date: Until filled
Brian Melody, Regional Manager
Please include resume & cover letter detailing your interest in this position.
Oversee all activities related to the ongoing maintenance of the golf course, grounds and equipment. As the greens are primarily bentgrass and experience managing this turf variety and producing excellent playing conditions is a key requirement. The position requires significant interaction with the ownership and management staff and as such, highly developed communication skills (oral and written) are required. The Superintendent will lead the staff recruiting, hiring and training effort in the maintenance department.
- All activities associated with producing excellent playing conditions at the on a day to day basis.
- Hire, train and supervise the maintenance staff. Plan and implement staffing schedules so to ensure quality standards are achieved.
- Plan the development and implementation of a fertilizer, aeration and pest management program for proper turf grass and plant care.
- Develop the annual maintenance budget and operating plan with input from ownership and Touchstone Golf staff. Implement the plan according to Company operating policies and procedures to ensure goals are achieved.
- Participate with the development of course improvement projects and lead the implementation of the projects.
- Supervise equipment maintenance and repair operations. Establish and implement a cleaning and preventive maintenance program for appropriate equipment, tools, vehicles, etc.
- Ensure maintenance of all appropriate quality and cleanliness standards including, but not limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, equipment repair areas, equipment storage areas, chemical and fertilizer storage areas, receiving areas, wash areas, lunch room areas, etc.
- Manage the ordering and receiving program to maintain proper inventories of supplies to ensure proper quality and price on all purchases.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
- Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training and compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintain accurate records pertaining to department activities including, but not limited to, labor schedules, water usage, course maintenance, construction activities, equipment repair, safety meetings and activities, fertilizer and chemical applications and pest control practices. Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant associations and organizations.
- 2 or 4-year turf management degree preferred.
- Class A Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent with 2 years’ experience in a supervisory/leadership role.
- Experience producing excellent playing conditions with efficient irrigation water use.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision, and work flexible hours as required including nights and weekends as necessary.
- Demonstrates experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, and staff management.
- Demonstrates excellent leadership abilities and interpersonal communication skills.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- Dedication and commitment to excellent member service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel.
Touchstone Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer