To post a job on this board, please send an email with a job description and contact information to email@example.com. Your position will be posted within 24 hours. Please let us know when the position has been filled so we can remove it from the site. Otherwise it will be removed after 90 days. Thank you.
Golf Course Superintendent (2/27/20)
Eagle Pass Golf Course
Eagle Pass, Texas
Touchstone Golf is seeking a Golf Course Superintendent for Eagle Pass Golf Course located in historic Eagle Pass, Texas. This position will oversee all maintenance functions at the 9 hole golf course that is played from two sets of tees. Salary range of $45,000-$50,000 plus incentives. This position is eligible for company benefit plans. At least 2 years experience as a foreman or Assistant Superintendent is required. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pecan Trails Golf Course (11/18/19)
Golf Course Superintendent Position
- Manage and maintain all golf course properties, related equipment and personnel at a privately-owned local 18-hole course being renovated to USGA standards in a growing community in the DFW Metroplex
- Report to Executive Committee representing the owners of the course
- Compensation commensurate with qualifications
Required Skills and Commitment:
- Education and/or prior experience in golf course operations; meaningful horticultural or agronomic background is advantageous
- Able to organize and delegate work efficiently, self-initiate and independently perform work, solve problems, make good decisions
- Able to communicate in writing, and verbally, and interact personably with all levels of management and staff
- Enthusiastically commit to the vision of growing this course into an outstanding venue for families and players of all ages wanting a high-quality and enjoyable golfing experience
Specific Duties Include:
- Operate and maintain a new state-of-the-art irrigation system and reservoir water sources Turf and Landscaping
- Create plan and schedule, and monitor approved budget, for all grounds maintenance work and related materials
- Inspect daily turf quality at various locations to ensure the course meets USGA playing standards
- Identify areas for improvement in the design, maintenance or repair of turf, landscaping, or other areas of agronomic concern
- Provide written semi-annual detailed turf and landscaping reviews and recommendations
- Create written program for applying chemicals, pesticides and fertilizer; annually update schedule and estimated cost of the chemical, pesticide and fertilizer program; select and supervise application vendors
- Identify, qualify, recommend, and supervise all outside contractors providing special maintenance and materials applications, and maintain records of such work Course Maintenance Equipment & Tools, and Golf Cart and Battery Charging Equipment
- Identify equipment and tool needs and prepare a written plan, timetable, budget, and cost and comparison report for acquisition (lease and/or purchase alternatives)
- Establish, write up, and supervise regular inspection & preventative maintenance programs for equipment & tools, with work logs
- Monitor, order and record use of equipment fuel
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate all grounds and equipment-related personnel (includes mechanic)
- Create and monitor approved budget for all grounds and equipment personnel (full and part time)
- Supervise greens cup placement
- Assist with tournaments and special events
- Create and supervise enforcement of safety rules for personnel and on-course playing activities
Please respond with your resume, and other information you believe relevant, by email to: email@example.com
Golf Course Superintendent (9/6/19)
El Paso Country Club
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Posted: September 6, 2019
Degree in Turf Grass Management recommended
Minimum 5 years as the Head or First Assistant Golf Course Superintendent at a private Country Club
Knowledge of West Texas climate is a plus
Comments and Job Requirements:
El Paso Country Club consist of 125 acres of land with an eighteen hole championship golf course, 8 lighted tennis courts, fitness center, Olympic swimming pool and a 40,000 SQFT clubhouse. It is established in 1906 and is regarded as one of the oldest country clubs in the state of Texas. Prestige, legacy and culture are vital attributes of the Club and over 900 members are proud to be part of its tradition.
The Club is seeking for an experienced and savvy golf course superintendent. The right candidate must possess complete knowledge of agronomy with strong leadership and management skills. Effective communication with senior management and the board of governors along with active involvement in Greens committee is a must. The candidate must make himself visible to membership and not be afraid to tackle challenges. A visionary leader who can lead tenured staff and accomplish not only what is needed on a daily basis but also establish a long range golf course improvement plan.
Please email cover letter and resume to email addresses listed above
A competitive salary package to include a base salary, a generous bonus potential, health insurance along with paid vacation will be offered to the selected candidate
Golf Course Superintendent-Elkins Lake Huntsville, TX
Reports to: General Manager
Supervises: Asst. Superintendent, Foreman; Irrigation Specialist; Equipment Operators; Equipment Mechanic
Classification: Senior Staff
Education and/or Experience
- Class A Superintendent with 2 years’ experience or Assistant Superintendent with 5 years’ experience in a supervisory/leadership role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy, Horticulture or Plant Science preferred.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Understand the rules of golf and be up to date on federal, state and local laws on golf course operations.
- Administrative and executive ability, especially critical in problem-solving and decision-making.
- Ability to communicate with management and staff and provide excellent customer service to members.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Manage and maintain golf course properties including golf course, landscaping, open spaces and the equipment used to maintain these areas.
- Maintains all grounds and course maintenance equipment
- Schedules, trains, supervises and evaluates all personnel assigned to department.
- Maintains accurate work records for all personnel in the department.
- Supervises all planting, fertilizing, care and removal of turf, plants, shrubs, trees and
other facilities on the golf course.
- Maintains course in proper playing condition.
- Inspects course regularly to evaluate and recommend improvements.
- Oversees all construction, maintenance and renovations on the golf course.
- Supervises equipment repair staff and follow up on equipment preventative maintenance programs.
- Prepares annual budget for department; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that
budget goals are met.
- Establishes short- and long-range plans for the golf course.
- Ability to create annual fertility and pesticide programs and implement within budget.
- Develops and maintains drainage, irrigation and watering systems.
- Implements and enforces comprehensive safety program for employees, members, and guests on course in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Ensures that chemicals, petroleum and other controlled products are used, stored and disposed of in accordance with local, state and federal regulations; maintains required records and strives to minimize
the use of chemicals and petroleum products.
- Communicates as necessary with the GM and Head Golf Professional to discuss conditions of facilities, maintenance plans, scheduled events and the number of rounds played.
- Attends staff and Golf Committee meetings and provides updates.
- Keeps members informed about current and future maintenance activities via verbal, written and electronic notification.
- Plans professional development and training activities including safety training for equipment use and proper handling of fertilizers, herbicides, and all other chemicals used on course;
- Makes recommendations for capital improvement and purchases.
- Conducts other appropriate tasks assigned by the General Manager.
Licenses and Special Requirements
- Certified Golf Course Superintendent (CGCS).
- Pesticide Application certification.
- Valid driver’s license.
Please forward resumes to Rusty Denner, GM, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Cameron Country Club is now accepting applications for a golf course maintenance supervisor.
Experience: Must have prior experience with golf course maintenance.
Educational Requirements: High School graduate
Responsibilities: course set up, fertilizer/pesticide application, development and application of weed control plan, equipment maintenance, irrigation repair/maintenance.
Compensation – $35,000-40,000
Course Description – 9-hole course located in Cameron, Texas.
Please send cover letter and resume to: