To post a job on this board, please send an email with a job description and contact information to email@example.com. Your position will be posted within 24 hours. Please let us know when the position has been filled so we can remove it from the site. Otherwise it will be removed after 90 days. Thank you.
Golf Couse Superintendent
Location: McAllen, TX
Department: Palmview Golf Course
Closes On: May 31, 2019 at 11:50 PM CST
Rate of Pay: D.O.Q
Apply online: www.mcallen.net/jobs
This position is responsible for the operation and management of the Maintenance and Operations Division of the golf course. The position is under general direction of the Director of Golf. He or she is responsible for supervising the entire maintenance programs of the golf course and its maintenance equipment as well as any construction projects that may arise during his or her tenure, rendering professional advice, opinions, assistance and services to the Advisory board as required; and participate in long-range planning.
- Job requires an Associate’s degree in Agronomy or Turfgrass Management from an accredited college or university.
2. Job requires a minimum of two (2) years’ experience as the Golf Course Superintendent or Assistant Golf Course Superintendent at an established 18-hole golf course.
3. Job requires proficiency in the use of computers and modern software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
4. Job requires a current, valid Texas Class C driver’s license
- This position is safety sensitive, subject to drug and alcohol testing.
2. This position has supervisory responsibilities over others.
Health Insurance · Vision Insurance · Dental Insurance · Life Insurance · Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) · Supplemental Policies available
Golf Course Superintendent (3/6/19)
Casa Blanca Golf Course
Location: 3900 Casa Blanca Rd, Laredo, TX 78041
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: Commensurate with experience and
Closing Date: Until filled
Brian Melody, Regional Manager
Please include resume & cover letter detailing your interest in this position.
Oversee all activities related to the ongoing maintenance of the golf course, grounds and equipment. As the greens are primarily bentgrass and experience managing this turf variety and producing excellent playing conditions is a key requirement. The position requires significant interaction with the ownership and management staff and as such, highly developed communication skills (oral and written) are required. The Superintendent will lead the staff recruiting, hiring and training effort in the maintenance department.
- All activities associated with producing excellent playing conditions at the on a day to day basis.
- Hire, train and supervise the maintenance staff. Plan and implement staffing schedules so to ensure quality standards are achieved.
- Plan the development and implementation of a fertilizer, aeration and pest management program for proper turf grass and plant care.
- Develop the annual maintenance budget and operating plan with input from ownership and Touchstone Golf staff. Implement the plan according to Company operating policies and procedures to ensure goals are achieved.
- Participate with the development of course improvement projects and lead the implementation of the projects.
- Supervise equipment maintenance and repair operations. Establish and implement a cleaning and preventive maintenance program for appropriate equipment, tools, vehicles, etc.
- Ensure maintenance of all appropriate quality and cleanliness standards including, but not limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, equipment repair areas, equipment storage areas, chemical and fertilizer storage areas, receiving areas, wash areas, lunch room areas, etc.
- Manage the ordering and receiving program to maintain proper inventories of supplies to ensure proper quality and price on all purchases.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
- Manage employment activities for applicable staff members, including but not limited to, personnel recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training and compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
- Maintain accurate records pertaining to department activities including, but not limited to, labor schedules, water usage, course maintenance, construction activities, equipment repair, safety meetings and activities, fertilizer and chemical applications and pest control practices. Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required operational, financial, budgetary and related reports.
- Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant associations and organizations.
- 2 or 4-year turf management degree preferred.
- Class A Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent with 2 years’ experience in a supervisory/leadership role.
- Experience producing excellent playing conditions with efficient irrigation water use.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems, efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision, and work flexible hours as required including nights and weekends as necessary.
- Demonstrates experience and capability in the areas of budget development, fiscal management, strategic planning, and staff management.
- Demonstrates excellent leadership abilities and interpersonal communication skills.
- Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
- Dedication and commitment to excellent member service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel.
Touchstone Golf is an Equal Opportunity Employer