To post a job on this board, please send an email with a job description and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your position will be posted within 24 hours. Please let us know when the position has been filled so we can remove it from the site. Otherwise it will be removed after 90 days. Thank you.
Irrigation Tech – Onion Creek Club
Onion Creek Club is currently seeking an applicant to oversee irrigation repairs and trouble shooting. The club is a 27 hole facility with toro heads and controllers.
Programs, operates and maintains the golf course irrigation system(s).
The irrigation specialist is required to report any irregularities in course turf quality to the superintendent or assistant superintendent.
- Oversees the design, maintenance and implementation of all components of the irrigation system including mechanical and electrical systems.
- Oversees the repair, preventative maintenance, and records for all equipment associated with irrigation.
- Maintains inventory of parts associated with irrigation system.
- Reports any irregularities in course turf quality.
- Participates in daily set up of the golf course for play.
- Ensures a pleasant visit for each guest; maintains effective guest relations.
- Performs special projects delegated by management.
- Stays updated on latest developments pertinent to the department as well as the location.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Proven experience operating golf course irrigation equipment and systems. Must possess willingness to learn and perform new golf course irrigation programs. Excellent communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, drive and motivation. Flexibility with schedule with evenings and weekend work required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to read and interpret retail product labeling. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, and use hands and fingers to handle, or feel. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to sit; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Date Job is Available
depending on experience
Ryan J. Crump
Golf Course Superintendent
Onion Creek Club
2510 Onion Creek Parkway
Austin, TX 78747
MECHANIC NEEDED – DIAMONDBACK GOLF CLUB
Diamondback Golf Club in Abilene, Texas is seeking a mechanic
General Purpose: Ensure that all equipment is in operable condition at all times, on Gasoline, Diesel, Power hand equipment, and hydraulic hoses.
- Preventative maintenance program on all equipment.
- Grinding and sharpening Reels and mower Blades.
- Checking and adjusting mowing heights on reel mowers.
- Assist in managing and training department staff on safety and operation of equipment.
- Equipment is in safe condition for operation. Brakes, and etc…..
- Keep maintenance records on equipment.
- Organize and Clean safe work area.
Job available immediately: Hourly rate $15-$18, D.O.E.
Send Resume to John Montgomery @ email@example.com
Job Opportunity for a Golf Course Maintenance Mechanic
Municipal Golf Association – San Antonio (4/1/19)
Job Title: Mechanic
Department: Golf Course Maintenance
Reports To: Golf Course Superintendent
Do you want to be part of a dynamic and highly valued team? Are you passionate and driven to do your best? Do you love to play golf?
We have available a highly sought-after position for a Mechanic working as part of the Golf Maintenance Team on the Alamo City Golf Trail.
As an integral member of the Golf Maintenance Team, your primary responsibility will be for the repair and maintenance of all golf equipment utilized by the golf course maintenance department. You will also assist with daily golf maintenance duties as determined by your Golf Course Superintendent.
Your core duties will include:
- Service and maintain all course maintenance equipment. This includes all turf mowers, small engine hand equipment, tractors and utility carts.
- Required to perform oil changes, bearing lubrication, interval services, tire repairs, equipment inspections and other preventative maintenance duties.
- Repairs and adjust golf maintenance mowers and equipment for height and quality of cut.
- Maintains up to date repair, preventative maintenance records on all equipment.
- Train golf maintenance team on care of all equipment, i.e. Checking oil, tire pressures, cleaning and general care.
- Repair and troubleshoot small engine repairs, i.e. Mowers, weed eaters, chainsaws, backpack blowers.
- Initiates and implements safety regulations and procedures.
- Other golf maintenance duties as assigned by the Golf Course Superintendent.
- Working assigned weekends as scheduled by your Golf Course Superintendent
- Minor engine repair skills / Electrical troubleshooting / Hydraulic troubleshooting
- Golf Course Mechanic experience a plus.
- Ability to operate a Spin Grinder for sharpening mowers.
- Competitive rates of pay – Starting @ $15 per hour
- The following benefit programs are available to eligible employees – Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401k Retirement, Paid Time Off and Employee Discounts and Golfing Privileges.
For further information, got to www.alamocitygolftrail.com and search the job section at the bottom of the home page.
Alternatively call Jake Snyman, Director of Agronomy 210-908-5927 for further information
We encourage each staff member to use initiative at all times and to always go the extra mile!