To post a job on this board, please send an email with a job description and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your position will be posted within 24 hours. Please let us know when the position has been filled so we can remove it from the site. Otherwise it will be removed after 90 days. Thank you.
Sales Manager I – Golf (2/10/20)
Hunter is a global leader in the irrigation, outdoor lighting, dispensing technology, and custom manufacturing industries, and offers comprehensive golf irrigation solutions designed to simply watering while ensuring healthy, playable courses.
We create a diverse array of products that can be seen all over the world, from residential landscapes to national landmarks, stadiums, parks, hotels, and municipal buildings. Although we’re global, we’re family owned, and our casual, fun, and caring company culture is what makes this a special place to work!
READY TO JOIN HUNTER?
Hunter Industries is seeking a Sales Manager I – Golf to develop business relationships within an assigned territory and communicate information pertinent to the sales progress within the Golf team. S/he will focus on maximizing sales through contractors, specification or distribution by calling on key clients, monitoring major projects, and taking action to maximize exposure. The ideal candidate will create a demand for products at a variety of levels to assist in achieving distributor sales goals and must have strong knowledge in irrigation technical support and troubleshooting. Must be willing to travel locally and have a good driving record.
The territory will include central Texas and Oklahoma, and s/he may reside in Dallas, Waco, Austin or College Station.
If interested, or for more information, please go directly to Hunter’s career page at https://corporate.hunterindustries.com/careers
Equipment/Shop Manager (1/3/20)
By Sandia Golf Club, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Mechanic / Equipment Manager
Sandia Golf Club is looking for a self-motivated and team orientated Mechanic / Equipment Manager. The equipment manager performs major and minor mechanical repairs on a variety of gasoline and diesel power equipment; keeps all equipment in efficient and operable condition at all times. The equipment manager oversees the assistant mechanic and maintains a comprehensive preventive maintenance program. This program includes the repair of failing equipment, keeping records of parts and labor needed to maintain each piece of equipment, and getting quotes for parts and supplies needed for equipment or service. The equipment manager properly communicates any needs or problems relating to the maintenance or repair of equipment to the superintendent and/or the assistant superintendent. The equipment manager places safety as a top priority and is responsible for maintaining an organized, clean service area and maintenance building. Our current fleet is 3 years old and primarily John Deere with anticipated replacement in 2022. A new golf cart fleet will be added in 2020.
Job duties include but not limited to:
- Maintaining a preventative maintenance program on all equipment, purchases repair parts and replacement supplies. Obtains price quotes for parts/supplies as needed for equipment or service and tracks expenses and inventories for budget purposes.
- Inspects, adjusts, diagnoses and repairs mechanical defects in many types of golf course maintenance equipment.
- Performs mower grinding/sharpening, general overhaul of motors and reels, installs and adjusts braking systems.
- Performs machining or welding work in making fittings used in repair of maintenance equipment.
- Manages expenses in the maintenance of the equipment fleet relating to parts purchases, inventory levels, service work, fuel inventories and related items.
- Ensures accurate records of preventative maintenance, repairs made, parts ordered are kept.
- Maintains an up-to-date working knowledge of light and heavy construction and maintenance equipment and automotive apparatus. Maintains skills in the use of a wide variety of equipment repair tools and in the making of various types of mechanical repairs.
- Knowledge of the theory, care and operation of internal combustion engines, hydraulic systems and mowing equipment maintenance such as grinding, sharpening and adjustment.
- Diagnoses mechanical troubles and schedules appropriate preventative maintenance work.
- Organizes and maintains a clean and safe maintenance area.
- Assists the Superintendent in interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining the assistant mechanic; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assists in the management of department members that may include, but is not limited to: Assistant Mechanic and Groundskeepers.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Assists in developing ongoing training programs.
- Performs other duties as required.
Working knowledge of light and heavy duty golf maintenance equipment plus automotive vehicles.
Skill in the use of a variety of equipment repair tools, and the making of various types of mechanical repair.
Working knowledge of the theory, care, and operation of internal combustion engines and mowing equipment.
Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the profession.
Ability to diagnose mechanical troubles and determine appropriate maintenance work.
Ability to communicate effectively and keep records.
Knowledge of the game of golf and understand how job performance affects the playing conditions of the golf course.
Must possess the ability to schedule and direct work assignments for themselves and the assistant mechanic as well as making safety a priority and is responsible for keeping a clean and organized shop.
Graduate of a vocational technical school or post-secondary training in small engine repair or mechanics preferred.
Three to five years of experience as a mechanic.
Golf course equipment repair experience. (Reel set up and grinding)
Ability to move heavy objects.
Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions while repairing equipment.
Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Good computer skills: email, excel etc.
Communicate in Spanish.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Able to meet and perform the physical requirements and to work effectively in an environment which is typical of this position.
Frequent lifting, bending, climbing, stooping and pulling.
Frequent repetitive motions.
Continuous standing and walking.
May need to use some protective equipment, such as a respirator, gloves, earplugs, eye guards/visors, boots and hat.
PTO, Health Benefits, Uniform, Golfing privileges.
Date Job is Available
January 6, 2020
$50,000 – $65,000 DOE
Job Application Instructions:
Please send a resume to Bryan Taylor. email@example.com
Summer/Women’s US Open Internship
Position – Summer Internship
Location – Champions Golf Club, 13722 Champions Dr., Houston, Texas 77069
Course History – Founded by Jack Burke, Jr. and the late Jimmy Demaret in 1957, Champions Golf Club is one of the most historic, classic golf clubs in Texas. From its origin, Champions has consistently carved its place in golf history hosting the 1967 Ryder Cup Matches, 1969 US Open, 1993 US Amateur, several PGA Tour Championships as well as numerous other professional and amateur golf tournaments. The Cypress Creek course was designed by Ralph Plummer and opened for play in 1957. With thousands of trees, wide fairways, and enormous greens it remains a true test of golf suited for some of the best players in the world. The Jack Rabbit Course was originally designed by George Fazio in 1964 and completely renovated by Tom Fazio in 2002. Both courses are very unique in design and provide a spectacular playing experience in Northwest Houston. With over 300 single digit handicappers, Champions is known around the world as a “Players Club” with an expectation for championship conditions every day.
Job Description – The day to day responsibilities of this position are all dependent on the individuals experience, skill level, aptitude, and desire to improve themselves. With two golf courses to maintain, this would be a great opportunity to gain exposure to all aspects of golf course maintenance. This includes but is not limited to: mowing greens, tees, fairways, and roughs, proper fertilizer and pesticide calibration/application, and water management. Along with day to day maintenance, the Intern will be an integral part in preparing for the 2020 US Women’s Open. Interns will work closely with The Director of Agronomy, Superintendents and Assistant Superintendents in all forms of golf course maintenance.
Educational Requirements – Currently enrolled in a 2 or 4 year degree or certificate program emphasizing turfgrass management.
Experience Requirements – Previous golf course experience is preferred but not required
Job Benefits – Free Housing, Uniform
Salary – $12-$14 DOE + OT
Date Job is Available – May 1st 2020
Application Instructions – Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org