To post a job on this board, please send an email with a job description and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your position will be posted within 24 hours. Please let us know when the position has been filled so we can remove it from the site. Otherwise it will be removed after 90 days. Thank you.
Equipment Manager (6/21/18)
Lost Creek Country Club, Austin TX
General Purpose: Ensure that all equipment (gasoline and diesel machines, small power equipment, etc.) is in good working order at all times. Applicant must have an extensive knowledge of light and heavy golf course equipment, 4-cycle and 2-cycle motors. Welding capabilities preferred. Prospective employee may be asked to come in on occasional weekends. Good communication skills with supervisor and crew is required.
- Preventative maintenance on all equipment
- Grinding and sharpening reels and bedknives
- Checking and adjusting mowing heights regularly on all machines
- Placing orders on needed repair parts and other supplies as needed
- Maintain fuel logs, keep inventory on oils, lubricants, etc.
- Assist in training crew on safety and operation of equipment
- Keep maintenance records on equipment
- Organize and clean safe work area.
Benefits: Health Insurance, discounted meals, uniforms provided, golfing privileges
Job available: immeditately $16 – $20 Hr. Pay rate based on experience.
Miramont Country Club (12/20/17)
Head Equipment Manager
Miramont is one of the premiere private country clubs in Texas. It is ranked #9 in Texas on Golf Digest 2017-18 Best in State list. Miramont is a wonderful Robert Trent Jones Jr. design located in the heart of Bryan-College Station, home of Texas A&M University. Miramont is a privately-owned Club, with 18 championship golf holes and an additional 4 holes of golf reserved for practice and families.
The equipment manager is responsible for the maintenance and repair of turf and landscape equipment as well as overseeing a comprehensive preventive maintenance program. This program includes the repair of failing equipment, keeping records of parts and labor needed to maintain each piece of equipment, and placing and receiving orders for parts and supplies needed for equipment or service. The equipment manager properly communicates any needs or problems relating to the maintenance or repair of equipment to the superintendent or Director, and schedules and directs the work assignments of the Mechanic and Assistant Mechanic. The equipment manager places safety as a top priority and is responsible for maintaining a clean service area.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- College education, trade school, or advanced certifications preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of light and heavy turf maintenance equipment and automotive apparatus.
- Working knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of turf maintenance profession.
- Ability to communicate effectively and keep sound business records.
- Knowledge of and/or the ability to play the game of golf and understand how job performance affects the playing conditions of the golf course.
- Ability to work outdoors for periods of time in various weather conditions.
- Ability to regularly stand; walk; lift; bend over; use hands and arms; talk or hear.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus as well as the ability to multi-task and complete tasks in an accurate and timely manner.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Available for 24-hour re-call in emergency situations.
Essential Job Functions
- Directly responsible for the instruction, training, and scheduling of the Mechanic and Assistant Mechanic.
- Directly responsible for appraising productivity of the Mechanic and Assistant Mechanic – including providing correction as/when necessary.
- Plans and delegates work to be performed by Mechanic and Assistant Mechanic through maintaining a preventative maintenance program and issuing work orders for specific equipment.
- Inspects, diagnoses and repairs mechanical defects/failures in various grounds maintenance equipment, including diesel, electric, and gasoline powered vehicles, mowers, sweepers, rollers, and other mechanical equipment used in grounds maintenance work.
- Instructs and/or assists in training of grounds maintenance workers regarding preventative maintenance, and the proper cleaning of and safe operation of equipment – including providing corrective action when necessary.
- Responsible for handling employee complaints/comments regarding equipment condition and/or disrepair.
- Directly responsible for determining the type of equipment/tools to be used while performing work or materials needed to correctly perform work as it pertains to equipment maintenance and repair.
- Responsible for monitoring work for legal and regulatory compliance and providing for safety and security of workplace by ensuring proper use of PPE by all employees, providing SDS updates, and notifying Director of any/all safety violations as they occur.
- Maintains fueling system to include monitoring and procurement and repairs to system as necessary.
- Prioritizes equipment repair and maintenance work through regular communication with GC and Streetscape Superintendents.
- Maintains a preventative maintenance program within budget on all equipment and purchases repair parts and replacement supplies.
- Keeps a complete set of records for equipment and parts inventory purchases, equipment conditions, costs of repairs and preventative maintenance for all equipment.
- Spot checks equipment for performance on course and grounds, makes emergency repairs to equipment on the course and grounds, and services or supervises servicing of equipment prior to use.
- Oversees shop and entire Turf Center area maintenance.
- Regulates employee’s use of equipment in absence of Superintendents if needed, and performs other duties as directed by Director of Grounds.
- Recommends equipment for purchase and assists with equipment replacement schedules.
- Email cover letter, resume and references directly to Director of Golf Course and Grounds Maintenance, Jon Snider: email@example.com
- The Club offers an array of competitive benefits, some of which include health, dental and vision coverage, matching 401(k) plan, paid vacation and sick time, as well as paid holidays.