To post a job on this board, please send an email with a job description and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your position will be posted within 24 hours. Please let us know when the position has been filled so we can remove it from the site. Otherwise it will be removed after 90 days. Thank you.
Great Hills Country Club (6/19/20)
Great Hills Country Club is tucked away among the rolling hills and scenic views of Northwest Austin. It has been a private member owned club for several decades and has an exciting future as we move forward with a new clubhouse project to accommodate a steadily increasing membership and prestige. The maintenance department is always busy improving the course through projects and renovations. Furthermore, there are many environmental, water quality, and other challenges that make this location a very good location to expand one’s agronomic and leadership capabilities.
The job allows for close training and supervision under the Golf Course Superintendent and includes but is not limited to: crew leadership (supervision, scheduling, delegation, and participation), landscape oversight, fertility and chemical application responsibilities, project supervision, and irrigation system oversight and repair, assisting in planning activities.
- Education: a 2 to 4 year turf degree is required
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Ability to work every other weekend
- Ability to operate equipment
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Attention to detail
- Perform supervisory roles
- Must have or obtain a non-commercial pesticide applicators license within the first 3 months
- Understanding of the game of golf
- 2 years in the golf course maintenance business
- Salary $45,000 to $55,000 based on experience
- Up to 85% heath care covered
- Phone allowance
- 401k matching
- Paid Time Off and Holiday accrual
- Golfing Privileges
Please contact us at email@example.com for further questions and/or applications for this position
The Bandit Golf Club (4/2/2020)
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
New Braunfels, Tx 78130
The Bandit Golf Club is situated on the shores of Lake McQueeney with significant elevation changes and natural water hazards throughout. The Bandit is a Keith Foster Design Par 71 and plays 6,928 yards from the longest tees. We are seeking an eager Assistant Superintendent to join the Bandit’s team to help provide exceptional golfing experience to our members and customers.
Job Duties include but not limited to:
- Responsible for scheduling, training and supervising workers.
- Responsible for pesticide and fertilizer applications to the golf course and club house grounds. Keeping of detailed pesticide and fertilizer application records.
- Help with irrigation repair, maintenance and proper watering practices.
- Work closely with the superintendent in planning and implementation of projects and agronomic practices.
- 2 to 4-year degree in turfgrass management or closely related field
- Must have or be able to obtain a pesticide applicators license within 90 days of employment.
- At least 1-2 years of golf course maintenance experience.
- Should have experience in chemical application and irrigation repair.
- Candidate should be a self-starter with good communication skills and an eye for details.
- Health, Dental and vision insurance
- Paid Vacation
- Discount in Pro Shop and Grill
- Golfing Privileges
Salary $38,000 – $45,000 annually depending on experience and qualifications.
Please email cover letter, resume and references to:
The Bandit Golf Club is managed by Foresight Golf Management team. Please go to our web page for more information on The Bandit Golf Club www.banditgolfclub.com and www.foresightgolf.net
Meadowbrook Golf Course, Lubbock Texas
Title: Assistant Superintendent
Department: Golf Course Maintenance
Reports to: Superintendent
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Partner with the Superintendent to direct and coordinate golf course maintenance activities such as maintaining quality course condition quality; selecting, developing and retaining employees; exceeding guest expectations.
Primary Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, selection and hiring golf course maintenance staff.
- Effectively lead and schedule staff to ensure a quality product. Continually follow up to ensure tasks are being completed timely and to the appropriate standards and that equipment is set up and operating properly.
- Ensure daily course set up meets company and USGA playing standards.
- Proactively identify and correct agronomic problems that may arise.
- Ensure staff receives proper safety and job skills training through group training, on the job training, communication, meetings, etc.
- Evaluate, create and implement fertilizer and pesticide programs. Ensure equipment is operating properly and calibrated correctly prior to each application.
- Evaluate and assess equipment management, operation and set up.
- Maintains constant communication between departments.
- Two-year Turf grass Maintenance degree and supervisory experience required.
- Three years golf course maintenance experience with progressive responsibility required.
- Ability to acquire and maintain a pesticide license within the first three months of start.
- Working knowledge of turf grass maintenance equipment and irrigation systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, planning and organizational skills
- Experience supervising others and leading a team
Will often be required to work weekends and holidays.
Physical / Cognitive Activities:
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
The major responsibilities of this position are to organize maintenance department activities and lead the golf course maintenance staff. Strong leadership and problem-solving skills will be used. This person will need to have strong speaking, reading and writing skills, for effective communication throughout the golf course.
This person will occasionally assist in carrying heavy items requiring lifting of up to 70 pounds. He or she will also spend some time moving about the golf course supervising the staff.
Typical Benefits package offered.
Please send cover letter, resume and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org