To post a job on this board, please send an email with a job description and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your position will be posted within 24 hours. Please let us know when the position has been filled so we can remove it from the site. Otherwise it will be removed after 90 days. Thank you.
Date: November 2019
Job Title: Assistant Superintendent
Department Code: 45- Golf Course Maintenance
Directly Reports to: Director of Agronomy
Additional Relationships: Equipment Manager, Professional Golf Staff, Club House Staff, Membership, Vendors and Suppliers
The Club at Sonterra is one of San Antonio area’s top golfing facilities. We have two fantastic courses, complete with challenging obstacles, wide open spaces, and impeccable grounds maintenance. In addition to a fantastic on the course experience, we also provide our visitors with a collection of the industry’s top amenities.
We are proud to be a C-BONS International Golf Group (CBIGG) managed Private Club.
This position offers a unique opportunity to be involved with the decision making, supervising and execution of programs that in return provides championship conditions for our members and their guests. We are looking for a self-motivated Assistant Superintendent ready to challenge themselves in help maintaining, 36 holes, 392 acres of turf, native areas and water features. The Assistant will report directly to the Director of Agronomy and assist in any way. North course has 419 tees, fairways and roughs; Greens are miniverde. The South course is mainly 419 tees, fairways and roughs with a hand full of Zeon Zoysia tee boxes. Greens are emerald Bermuda and get over-seeded in the fall/winter months.
• Agronomy and turf grass management practices cool season and warm season grasses
• Golf facility construction principles, practices and methods Rules and strategies of the game of golf
• Must understand current federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting the management of golf course operations (including, but not limited to employment, safety and environmental standards, laws and regulations)
• Must be able to obtain a Texas pesticide within 30 days of hired date/if not already obtained
• Must be able to work weekends and manage his own team
• Must be well rounded with Toro irrigation systems
The responsibilities of the Assistant Golf Course Superintendent include, but are not limited to , the following:
• Assist in supervising and directing maintenance activities for all golf course components
• Supervise the planting, fertilizing, pesticide application, seeding, sodding and maintenance of all turf areas
• Responsible for implementing approved monthly programs and action plans
• Keep records for all annual safety programs, maintenance activities, pesticide, SDS and fertilizer applications
• Assist with time keeping payroll approvals for staff
• Assist and implementing of construction/improvement projects
• Supervise proper installation, programming, repair and maintenance of Toro irrigation and pumping system
• Responsible for maintaining communication with Director of Agronomy regarding all problems or member issues having to do with condition of the golf course and employee relations
• Supervise and participate in the operation and maintenance of irrigation, pumps and drainage systems
• Manage the organization of components within the natural Recourse management Center
• Execute the personnel functions of the department by interviewing applicants, training, evaluating and reviewing associates
• Follow fair progressive discipline and counseling procedures as set forth by The Club at Sonterra
• Instruct equipment operators in the safe, efficient operation and care of mowing and other equipment
Director of Agronomy
The Club at Sonterra
901 Sonterra Blvd.
San Antonio, TX 78258
2nd Assistant Superintendent Position
Great Hills Country Club
Great Hills Country Club is tucked away among the rolling hills and scenic views of Northwest Austin. It has been a private member owned club for several decades and has an exciting future as we move forward with a new clubhouse project to accommodate a steadily increasing membership and prestige. The maintenance department is always busy improving the course through projects and renovations. Furthermore, there are many environmental, water quality, and other challenges that make this location a very good location to expand one’s agronomic and leadership capabilities.
The job allows for close training and supervision under the First Assistant and Golf Course Superintendent includes, and is not limited to: crew supervision and participation in carrying out tasks, landscape oversight, fertility and chemical application responsibilities, small project supervision, and irrigation system oversight and repair, assisting in planning activities.
- Education: a 2 to 4 year turf degree is highly recommended for future advancement
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Ability to work every other weekend
- Ability to operate equipment
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Attention to detail
- Perform supervisory roles
- Must have or obtain a non-commercial pesticide applicators license within the first 6 months
- Understanding of the game of golf
- Salary $38,000 to $43,000 based on experience
- Up to 85% heath care covered
- Phone allowance
- 401k matching
- Paid Time Off and Holiday accrual
- Golfing Privileges
Please contact us at email@example.com for further questions and/or applications for this position
Ridglea Country Club
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Fort Worth, TX
Ridglea Country Club is a 36 hole private facility in Fort Worth, TX with TifEagle greens. We are seeking a highly motived and goal oriented individual for the position of Assistant Superintendent.
Job Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the superintendent in the planning and implementation of all agronomic procedures on the golf course and club grounds
- Responsible for the scheduling, supervising, training, motivation, and safety of a crew of 20 workers
- Responsible for the pesticide and fertilizer applications throughout the golf course and keeping detailed records
- 2 or 4 year degree in turfgrass management or related field
- Must have or be able to obtain a Texas State Pesticide License within 90 days of beginning employment
- Must have previous golf course maintenance experience. Management experience preferred
- Strong Spanish speaking skills are a plus
- Candidates should have experience in spray applications, irrigation repair, and water management
- Must possess the skills necessary to run a large crew efficiently
Salary: 42,000 to 47,500 depending on experience.
Benefits: Meals, Golf Privileges, Sick leave, vacation pay, health, dental, 401k
Duane Janssen, CGCS
Ridglea Country Club
3700 Bernie Anderson Ave.
Fort Worth, TX 76116