2nd Assistant Superintendent (8/28/17)
Amarillo Country Club
Amarillo Country Club is looking for a motivated individual to join our team for the Second Assistant Superintendent position. Under the direction of the Golf Course Superintendent, this person will assist in all areas to deliver a high-quality experience to our members and guest.
Amarillo Country Club is a private, member-owned facility founded in 1919. The club has a long history of hosting many professional events and yearly amateur tournaments. The entire golf course and practice facilities underwent a complete renovation in 2012-2013 with Weibring Wolfard Golf Design. The golf course consists of 007 bentgrass greens, blue/rye tees and fairways, and bluegrass/fescue rough, Toro Lynx irrigation system, and Toro equipment. We have recently completed phase one of a three-year maintenance facility improvement project and have started the planning phase for next year’s improvements.
- Two or four-year degree in turfgrass management, horticulture, or related
- Assist in all aspects of planning, supervision, and maintenance of the golf course and clubhouse grounds
- Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of all mowing equipment; supervises pesticide/fertilizer applications; and supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, irrigation, and drainage system.
- Responsible for clubhouse grounds landscaping crew and the planning of annual plantings.
- $42,000 – $47,000 yearly salary
- Benefits include: vacation, health insurance, uniforms, 401K, GCSAA dues for national and local chapter, TDA pesticide license, employee golf privileges, and Christmas bonus
Please email resumes to:
Golf Course Superintendent
Amarillo Country Club
4800 Bushland Blvd.
Amarillo, Texas 79106
2nd Assistant Golf Course Superintendent (5/24/17)
Austin Country Club
Austin Country Club, home of legendary golf instructor Harvey Penick, and host of the PGA Tour WGC Dell Match Play is looking for a highly motivated individual, with great leadership ability, and a high attention for detail to join our team. Under the supervision of the Head Golf Course Superintendent and other Assistant Superintendents, this person would assist with the all-encompassing efforts of maintaining the golf course at a high level. Candidate must possess a passion for turfgrass and the game of golf.
PTO (Paid Time Off), GCSAA membership dues, Chapter dues, Meals, 401(k), Health Insurance, Expense involved in attending local education seminars, Golfing privileges, Uniforms/clothing allowance, Facility pays for expenses associated with interviewing (i.e. travel and hotel),
Minimum 2 year degree from accredited University in Agronomy/Turfgrass management or Horticulture with emphasis in turf.
Must have some experience on a golf course. Either an internship or previous work experience.
Salary: $38,000 – $42,000. Dependent on experience and education
- Assists in aspects of planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees and fairways; schedules work; and supervises the employees and the use of the equipment.
- Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment; supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment; and supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
- Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety and personnel discipline.
- May modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation.
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course tees, fairways and greens; seeding and maintenance practices for golf course turf; planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs and trees; characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; herbicides and pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; and irrigation systems, including wells, pumps and automatic controls.
- Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of workers and equipment; prepare clear and concise reports; and maintain effective employee and public relations.
- Ability to calibrate spray equipment, fertilizer spreaders, and possess the physical fitness necessary to operate them.
- Strong Communication Skills, written and oral, and the ability to interact with not only staff of the club, but also our members.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Must have or be able to obtain Texas Pesticide license within 90 days of employment
Founded in 1899, Austin Country Club is one of the oldest existing clubs in Texas and home to one of the greatest golf instructors who ever lived, Harvey Penick, who penned “The Little Red Book.” The Club consists of an 18-hole Pete Dye design golf course, Harvey Penick learning center, 10 lighted tennis courts (two of which are clay surface), heated swimming pool, fitness facility, 57 boat slips and a large clubhouse. The clubhouse includes various dining areas, a large ballroom and meeting room facilities, as well as men’s and ladies’ locker rooms.
It is our mission to provide a tradition rich, outstanding private country club known for the quality of its membership and for service that exceeds expectations.
Course Operation: Private membership
Annual Rounds: 35,000
Maintenance Budget: $1.5 million +
Number of Holes: 18 Holes
Irrigation System: Central Control; Toro Lynx
Course Yardage: 7,100
Responsible to: Golf Course Superintendent
Application Deadline: N/A
Date Position is Available: ASAP
Send or Email Resume To:
Austin Country Club
c/o Bobby Stringer, CGCS
4408 Long Champ Dr.
Austin, TX 78746
Assistant Superintendent (4/28/17)
The Hills Country Club
Location: The Hills Country Club is located in a gated community in Lakeway Texas. The Hills Signature Course is an 18 hole Jack Nicklaus Signature Design Course with Tiff Eagle greens and 419 fairways and rough. Plans in place to change out tee boxes to Zoysia this spring. Includes three practice holes in conjunction with the Academy of Golf Dynamics Golf School.
Responsibilities: This person will work closely with the superintendent in all of the aspects of the operation. Overseeing the day to day operation of running the crew, irrigation operation, all chemical and fertilizer applications, and record keeping. Currently looking for a self motivated person that want to move forward in the field and has a good eye for detail and know how to set up a high level course.
- Must have a 2- year degree in Turf Management/Agronomy or 4 to 5 years of field experience.
- Strong communication skills and be able to interact with members on a daily basis.
- We have multiple courses, so the ability to work hand in hand with other superintendents and assistants.
- Strong chemical and fertilizer knowledge.
- TDA chemical license or the ability to obtain.
- Able to run and motivate crew on day to day operation.
- Ability to run Links Toro Irrigation and knowledge of Toro sprinkler heads, and controllers.
- Salary: starting at 47,000 to 50,000 based on experience.
- Clubcorp benefits package and 401k
- Paid local association membership and National.
- Golfing privileges
Assistant Superintendent (4/26/17)
Hyatt Regency Hill Country Resort & Spa
San Antonio, TX
- Assists in planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees, and fairways; schedule work and supervises the associates and the use of equipment.
- Instructs equipment operators on the operation and care of mowing and other equipment; supervises pesticide applications and/or operates and calibrates pesticide application equipment; supervises and participates in the operation and maintenance of pumps, and in the maintenance of irrigation and drainage systems.
- Assists in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety, personnel discipline and may also modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation.
- In the absence of the Golf Course Superintendent, coordinates maintenance and construction activities to assure continual smooth operation of the golf course.
- Assures that tools and equipment are properly maintained and kept in proper working condition.
- Assist is participating in Hyatt subcommittees (Safety, Thrive, Etc.) and manager meetings.
Associates degree or Bachelor degree in Agronomy or Turfgrass Management, and two years of golf course maintenance experience or any combination of education and experience sufficient to perform duties of position.
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course greens, tees, fairways; the maintenance practices for golf course turf; the planting, cultivating, pruning, and caring for plants, shrubs and trees; the characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; herbicides and pest control methods and materials; drainage control methods; and irrigation system, including wells, pumps and automatic controls.
- Ability to schedule and supervise maintenance work to achieve the most efficient utilization of workers and equipment; to prepare clear and concise reports; and to maintain effective employee and public relations.
- Ability to obtain a Texas Restricted Use Pesticide Applicators License (Non-commerical Turf) within 90 days of date in position
- Extensive knowledge of soils and turf
- Extensive knowledge of fertilizers and chemicals used in golf course maintenance
- Working knowledge of personal computers (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.) and Hyatt software systems such as Kronos (Payroll System), Birchstreet (Purchase Orders), Outlook (Email), and Oracle (Accounting).
- Extensive knowledge of Toro EOSMAC irrigation field controllers, Lynx central irrigation control system and Toro Tweather computer software systems
- Working knowledge of mathematical skills in order to calibrate fertilizer and chemical applications (spray equipment and spreaders).
HYATT REGENCY HILL COUNTRY RESORT & SPA
9800 Hyatt Resort Drive, San Antonio, TX 78251 USA
Assistant Superintendent (4/26/17)
Artesia Country Club
Matt Urban – GCS
26th and Richie Avenue
Artesia, NM 88210, USA
Posted: Apr 21, 2017
Description: Artesia Country Club is seeking a highly motivated individual interested in the field of turf management. We are seeking individuals with the career goal of becoming a superintendent.
We are looking for a strong willed, self-motivated individual to join our management team. Responsibilities will include all aspects of course management including: hand watering, chemical and fertilizer application, record keeping, labor and budget tracking, purchasing, short and long term planning, inventory, crew management, irrigation troubleshooting and repair, etc. Project management is also a plus.
Applicants must be highly motivated to gain the skills necessary to manage a facility of their own. Candidate will be working closely with the Superintendent in all aspects of golf course/grounds management.
Artesia Country Club will assist in obtaining New Mexico Pesticide License.
Artesia Country Club is an 18 hole facility which opened its original 9 holes in 1945. The original 9 holes consists of perennial rye grass tees and fairways with common bermuda rough. Greens on the original 9 holes are push-up greens with penncross creeping bentgrass/poa annua. The additional 9 holes opened in 2001 with 419 hybrid bermuda fairways,and ryegrass tees and approaches. The greens are California style with drainage grassed with penncross creeping bentgrass/poa annua. The original nine holes has recently undergone a complete irrigation renovation.
ACC is located in Artesia, NM and is the only course in town. We are currently in the development process of capital projects in the coming years including a new practice facility and irrigation intake system. This will provide a great opportunity to gain project management and construction experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
$16.00/hr -$20.00/hr ($33,280-$41,600) 40 hours per week with available overtime in peak season
Bonus opportunities, Paid Vacation and sick days, Local and National Dues paid, Golfing privileges. Travel and meeting expenses paid, Housing assistance available.
2nd Assistant Superintendent (4/8/17)
The Big Easy Ranch
Located a few miles north of Columbus, Texas, Big Easy Ranch is a private 1,300 acre outdoor sporting club including world class whitetail deer hunting, exotic deer hunting, upland bird and duck hunting, fishing, and a nine-hole championship golf course. The golf course was designed by Chet Williams and opened in September of 2016. Hal Sutton Golf Academy is opening in June on the Big Easy Practice Facility.
The golf course is looking to fill the 2nd Assistant Superintendent position with someone eager to make the course better each and every day. This is a hands on position for someone looking learn how to maintain a golf course at the highest quality. A qualified candidate must show great leadership ability, outgoing personality, high attention to detail, willingness to learn and teach on a daily basis.
Responsibilities include but not limited to managing and training crew members, planning and executing chemical and fertilizer application, and proper water management.
Golf course maintenance experience is required. A two-four year degree in Turf Grass Management or related field preferred. Ability to obtain a Texas pesticide applicators license within 90 days. Spanish speaking is a plus.
The Assistant Superintendent position at the Big Easy Ranch is for someone who wants to advance their career in the golf industry.
Salary: $36,000-$42,000 plus benefits and privileges (based on experience)
BEN LAUBER, GCSAA
Superintendent at Big Easy Ranch
2400 Brunes Mill Rd.
Columbus, TX 78934
Senior Assistant Superintendent (4/8/17)
Fredericksburg TX, 78624
Location: Boot Ranch is a private golf community located in the Texas Hill Country town of Fredericksburg which is approximately one hour NW of San Antonio. Boot Ranch features an 18 hole Hal Sutton Design golf course, with a 34-acre practice park and par 3 course, tiff-sport tees, fairways, rough, and large native areas. The summer of 2017 we are undergoing a greens conversion from bent-grass to tiff-eagle bermuda, a complete bunker renovation, and construction of a new 1 acre putting green with adjacent event lawn and park area. For more information, visit our web site at www.bootranch.com
Responsibilities: This position will work closely with the superintendent in all golf course operations including personal management, turf grass management, irrigation management, record keeping, fertilizer chemical applications, and staff development. The candidate should be highly motivated with ambition to excel & advance in the golf course management profession. Have a high degree of competency in agronomic practices with a keen eye for detail in providing golf course conditioning at the highest level.
- Must possess a two or four-year degree in Turf Management, Agronomy or other degree related to Golf Course Management
- Career oriented with a positive attitude
- Strong communication skills with ability to interact effectively with members, guests & staff
- Basic understanding of the rules of golf
- Be able to perform & train employees on all tasks related to golf course maintenance and safety
- Thorough knowledge of pesticide usage & integrated pest management
- TDA applicators license or ability to obtain within 90days
- Thorough knowledge of irrigation- daily adjustments, repairs, field tuning, & upkeep
- Be able to lead & facilitate the crew under direction of the Superintendent in a team atmosphere
- Enforce rules, guidelines & safety procedures of the department as directed by Management
- Salary: $55,000 to $65,000 based on experience and education.
- Benefits: 100% Paid health insurance, paid vacation, meals, dues paid for local and national association memberships, clothing, and golfing privileges.
- Contact: Send resume to: Deven Baughn, Golf Course Superintendent, 780 Boot Ranch Cr. Fredericksburg, Texas 78624: email@example.com
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent (4/8/17)
Omni Barton Creek Resort and Spa
No Job Description for a position can possibly include all duties which may be requested by guest or required by the hotel. The objective of all positions is to effectively provide the services personally, or to immediately refer requests to the appropriate department manager. The following is a summary of the major responsibilities of the position.
DEPARTMENT: Golf Course Maintenance
JOB TITLE: Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
JOB CODE: 3815
REPORTS TO: Director of Golf Course Maintenance
JOB PURPOSE: Assumes the responsibilities of the Director in his absence. These responsibilities include the maintenance and operation of the golf course as well as all communication with management and related departments.
- Supervise, train and inspect golf course maintenance staff in performing complex cultural tasks including fertilization, pesticide applications, mowing, aerifying, topdressing, irrigation repairs and irrigation computer programming and all other golf course maintenance procedures.
- Maintains accurate records pertaining to employees, chemicals, fertilization, accidents and any other record keeping requirements.
- Reports any discrepancies in safety, improper equipment operation and maintenance procedures.
- Supervise the operation, maintenance and repair of all golf course equipment in the best interest of owner.
- Assists in annual budget and capital improvement requests.
- Reports and recommends any changes to procedures or training.
- Must be available 7 days per week and will be asked to work varied hours.
- Effectively interview, evaluate and train additions to staff
- Experience in golf course and turf management
- A degree or advanced education pertaining to the science of golf course management.
- Aptitude for administrative and executive responsibilities including effective oral and written communication skills and computer proficiency.
- Must obtain and maintain state sanctioned pesticide application certification within 6 months of employment
- Thorough understanding of the proper use of fertilizers and their application
- Thorough understanding of the proper irrigation of turf as it relates to turf health and course conditioning.
- Ability to prepare the golf course for play according to the rules of golf.
- Valid Drivers license.
CALEB G. MOORE
Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa