To post a job on this board, please send an email with a job description and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your position will be posted within 24 hours. Please let us know when the position has been filled so we can remove it from the site. Otherwise it will be removed after 90 days. Thank you.
The Golf Clubs at the Tribute
Old American Golf Club and The Tribute Golf Links
The Golf Clubs at the Tribute is a club that has just joined forces. Two great golf courses; The Tribute Golf Links and Old American Golf Club have come together under one umbrella and will become a great stepping stone for young people in this industry to grow and learn what it takes to be a Superintendent. These two properties are both designed by Tripp Davis and are set along the shore of Lake Lewisville. Both courses are challenging in their own unique ways. Old American Golf Club does host the LPGA Volunteers of America Classic in the fall. This event supplies a unique experience and chances to learn how to maintain great playing conditions for the best female players in the World.
Candidate will be in a management position learning all aspects of becoming a Golf Course Superintendent. These will include:
- Spray applications
- Fertilizing applications
- Working on multiple facilities
- Operation and Repair of irrigation system
- Overseeing Crews
- Overseeing Projects
- Golf course set up
Benefits will include:
- Heath benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Golf Privileges
- Local and National Dues paid
- Salary dependent of experience
- Candidates must be highly motivated to learn and be a team player.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a Chemical Applicators License for the state of Texas
- Also open to recent graduates
Send Resumes to: email@example.com
Assistant Superintendent (1/22/2020)
Golf Course Maintenance
Reports to: Superintendent
FLSA Status: Exempt
Canyon Springs Golf Club is an 18 hole daily fee club located on the North side of San Antonio. We are searching for a highly motivated individual for the position of Assistant Superintendent. Salary $40,000-$45,000 depending on experience.
Partner with the Superintendent to direct and coordinate golf course maintenance activities such as maintaining quality course condition quality; selecting, developing and retaining employees; exceeding guest expectations.
Primary Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist with recruiting, interviewing, selection and hiring golf course maintenance staff.
- Effectively lead and schedule staff to ensure a quality product. Continually follow up to ensure tasks are being completed timely and to the appropriate standards and that equipment is set up and operating properly.
- Ensure daily course set up meets company and USGA playing standards.
- Proactively identify and correct agronomic problems that may arise.
- Ensure staff receives proper safety and job skills training through group training, on the job training, communication, meetings, etc.
- Evaluate, create and implement fertilizer and pesticide programs. Ensure equipment is operating properly and calibrated correctly prior to each application.
- Evaluate and assess equipment management, operation and set up.
- Maintains constant communication between departments.
- Two-year Turf grass Maintenance degree and supervisory experience required.
- Three years golf course maintenance experience with progressive responsibility required.
- Ability to acquire and maintain a pesticide license within the first three months of start.
- Working knowledge of turf grass maintenance equipment and irrigation systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, planning and organizational skills
- Experience supervising others and leading a team
Will often be required to work weekends and holidays.
Physical / Cognitive Activities:
This description of physical and mental activities is not intended to describe essential job functions. Rather, its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and mental activities of the job to the end that an applicant with a disability can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
The major responsibilities of this position are to organize maintenance department activities and lead the golf course maintenance staff. Strong leadership and problem-solving skills will be used. This person will need to have strong speaking, reading and writing skills, for effective communication throughout the golf course.
This person will occasionally assist in carrying heavy items requiring lifting of up to 70 pounds. He or she will also spend some time moving about the golf course supervising the staff.
Date: November 2019
Job Title: Assistant Superintendent
Department Code: 45- Golf Course Maintenance
Directly Reports to: Director of Agronomy
Additional Relationships: Equipment Manager, Professional Golf Staff, Club House Staff, Membership, Vendors and Suppliers
The Club at Sonterra is one of San Antonio area’s top golfing facilities. We have two fantastic courses, complete with challenging obstacles, wide open spaces, and impeccable grounds maintenance. In addition to a fantastic on the course experience, we also provide our visitors with a collection of the industry’s top amenities.
We are proud to be a C-BONS International Golf Group (CBIGG) managed Private Club.
This position offers a unique opportunity to be involved with the decision making, supervising and execution of programs that in return provides championship conditions for our members and their guests. We are looking for a self-motivated Assistant Superintendent ready to challenge themselves in help maintaining, 36 holes, 392 acres of turf, native areas and water features. The Assistant will report directly to the Director of Agronomy and assist in any way. North course has 419 tees, fairways and roughs; Greens are miniverde. The South course is mainly 419 tees, fairways and roughs with a hand full of Zeon Zoysia tee boxes. Greens are emerald Bermuda and get over-seeded in the fall/winter months.
• Agronomy and turf grass management practices cool season and warm season grasses
• Golf facility construction principles, practices and methods Rules and strategies of the game of golf
• Must understand current federal, state and local laws and regulations affecting the management of golf course operations (including, but not limited to employment, safety and environmental standards, laws and regulations)
• Must be able to obtain a Texas pesticide within 30 days of hired date/if not already obtained
• Must be able to work weekends and manage his own team
• Must be well rounded with Toro irrigation systems
The responsibilities of the Assistant Golf Course Superintendent include, but are not limited to , the following:
• Assist in supervising and directing maintenance activities for all golf course components
• Supervise the planting, fertilizing, pesticide application, seeding, sodding and maintenance of all turf areas
• Responsible for implementing approved monthly programs and action plans
• Keep records for all annual safety programs, maintenance activities, pesticide, SDS and fertilizer applications
• Assist with time keeping payroll approvals for staff
• Assist and implementing of construction/improvement projects
• Supervise proper installation, programming, repair and maintenance of Toro irrigation and pumping system
• Responsible for maintaining communication with Director of Agronomy regarding all problems or member issues having to do with condition of the golf course and employee relations
• Supervise and participate in the operation and maintenance of irrigation, pumps and drainage systems
• Manage the organization of components within the natural Recourse management Center
• Execute the personnel functions of the department by interviewing applicants, training, evaluating and reviewing associates
• Follow fair progressive discipline and counseling procedures as set forth by The Club at Sonterra
• Instruct equipment operators in the safe, efficient operation and care of mowing and other equipment
Director of Agronomy
The Club at Sonterra
901 Sonterra Blvd.
San Antonio, TX 78258
2nd Assistant Superintendent Position
Great Hills Country Club
Great Hills Country Club is tucked away among the rolling hills and scenic views of Northwest Austin. It has been a private member owned club for several decades and has an exciting future as we move forward with a new clubhouse project to accommodate a steadily increasing membership and prestige. The maintenance department is always busy improving the course through projects and renovations. Furthermore, there are many environmental, water quality, and other challenges that make this location a very good location to expand one’s agronomic and leadership capabilities.
The job allows for close training and supervision under the First Assistant and Golf Course Superintendent includes, and is not limited to: crew supervision and participation in carrying out tasks, landscape oversight, fertility and chemical application responsibilities, small project supervision, and irrigation system oversight and repair, assisting in planning activities.
- Education: a 2 to 4 year turf degree is highly recommended for future advancement
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Ability to work every other weekend
- Ability to operate equipment
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Attention to detail
- Perform supervisory roles
- Must have or obtain a non-commercial pesticide applicators license within the first 6 months
- Understanding of the game of golf
- Salary $38,000 to $43,000 based on experience
- Up to 85% heath care covered
- Phone allowance
- 401k matching
- Paid Time Off and Holiday accrual
- Golfing Privileges
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions and/or applications for this position