To post a job on this board, please send an email with a job description and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your position will be posted within 24 hours. Please let us know when the position has been filled so we can remove it from the site. Otherwise it will be removed after 90 days. Thank you.
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent (1/21/19)
Driftwood Golf & Ranch Club, Austin, TX
Title – Assistant Superintendent
Reports to – Director of Agronomy
The Assistant Superintendent will be responsible for working closely with the Director of Agronomy and the VP, Golf Course Development while supervising all Golf Course Maintenance activities and crew, at Discovery Land Company’s location in Austin, Tx – Driftwood Golf & Ranch Club. The Assistant Superintendent will be part of a brand new, Tom Fazio designed golf course, which will feature bentgrass greens with fan systems and fairways and roughs will be zeon zoysia grass, working directly on-site to help develop the new construction of the golf course.
- Supervises maintenance crew, prioritizes and assigns tasks and projects, trains and evaluates staff, reviews the completed work to assure the work quality and timely accomplishment of assigned duties
- Monitors golf course and all club grounds in all seasons; repair and improve the turf, grounds and irrigation systems; inspects work for compliance to safety standards
- Assures the golf course maintains the best possible playing conditions including proper placement of pins, tee marker, and proper raking of bunkers.
- Supervises and assists in the maintenance and repair of golf course irrigation system and water transfer pipeline.
- Oversees and performs pesticide and hazardous materials in accordance with all state and Federal regulatory compliance
- Oversees the maintenance and operation of all golf course and grounds equipment.
- Maintains all grounds and course maintenance equipment
- Schedules, trains, supervises and evaluates all personnel assigned to department. Supervises all planting, fertilizing and care of – plants, shrubs, trees and other facilities on the golf course
- Implements and enforces comprehensive safety program for employees, members and guests on course in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working on a golf course
- 2 year certificate in Turf Management
- Some supervisory experience; preferred
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course tees, fairways, greens.
About Discovery Land Company
Founded in 1994 by Michael S. Meldman, Discovery Land Company specializes in building luxury residential private club communities and resorts throughout North America. We have grown to be the premier player in the high-end resort residential niche with 20 world-class projects in our portfolio. Our communities are distinct with their own architectural styles, world-class amenities, and high levels of service.
We don’t build buildings, but rather we build settings where families can create intergenerational memories and enrich their lives in exquisite and untouched sanctuaries. These settings offer a casual and comfortable sense of community through outstanding clubhouses, premier golf courses, welcoming staff, world-class culinary offerings, and outdoor pursuits. To ease and enrich your experiences, Discovery holds itself to the highest of service standards. Every decision we make is driven by one fundamental objective: to make the time you spend with the people you care about most not merely enjoyable, but memorable.
We are extremely grateful to be recognized as one of the world’s top mid-sized employers for 2018 by Forbes magazine. For more information about our company – http://www.discoverylandco.com
About the Project – Driftwood Golf & Ranch Club
A private golf and lifestyle community offering world-class amenities and unforgettable experiences for the entire family – http://discoverylandco.com/driftwood-austin/
Falconhead Golf Club
Spray Tech/ Training for Assistant
Education Requirements: Experience a plus but willing to train if the employee has some knowledge of
spraying. (Will pay for Licensing fee’s and training.)
Job Description: Responsible for day to day Golf Course spraying including spot spraying and broadcast
applications. Attention to detail with Record keeping is a must. Will some day’s help with other aspects
of Golf Course maintenance as well. (Set-up/Irrigation)
Falconhead is a 18 hole semi-private golf course founded in the early 2000’s. The course started new
management on July 21, 2018 and the new owners are looking to give us the ability to take the course to
another level. The new management company also own’s Avery Ranch and Teravista Golf Clubs in Cedar
Park and Round Rock so movement inside the company is available in the future as well.
August 1st, 2018
$13-15.00 per hour BOE. Hours range from 40-48/per week M-F and rotating weekends.
Health Insurance after 90 day’s.
Vacation and Sick leave.
Chemical License paid yearly as well as CEU’s.
Dues to CTGCSA meetings and GCSAA membership.
Please send Resume to:
Director of Agronomy
Avery Ranch Golf Club
Teravista Golf Club
Falconhead Golf Club
10500 Avery Club Dr.
Austin, TX 78717
(512) 762-9362 Cell