To post a job on this board, please send an email with a job description and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your position will be posted within 24 hours. Please let us know when the position has been filled so we can remove it from the site. Otherwise it will be removed after 90 days. Thank you.
Assistant Superintendent – Onion Creek Club – Austin, Texas (4/1/2018)
The selected candidate will assist the superintendent in all aspects of golf course management including crew management, irrigation, fertilizer and pesticide applications, and record keeping. The assistant superintendent must have great communication skills, an eye for detail, strong work ethic, and the drive to learn, succeed and advance within the industry.
Salary: $40,000 – $50,000 Annually D.O.E
Duties: Golf Course Maintenance, Tennis Court Maintenance, Trees & Shrubbery, Driving Range, Fertilizer/Pesticide Applications, Clubhouse Maintenance
Benefits: Paid Annual Vacation Leave, Meals, Golfing Privileges, 401(k), GCSAA Membership Dues, , Chapter Dues, Uniforms/clothing allowance, Health Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance
Responsible to: Superintendent
Application Deadline: 4/21/2018
Date Position is Available: 04/16/2018
Send Resume to:
Ryan J. Crump
2510 Onion Creek Parkway
Austin, Texas 78747
Education: A minimum of 2 – 4 year degree in agronomy/turfgrass.
Experience: 2 years experience as an assistant desired, and a background in warm season turfgrasses.
Special Skills: Excellent work ethic and good organizational/management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask. Possess a passion for golf course maintenance with a keen eye for detail. Must have the ability to obtain a TX pesticide license within 90 days of hire.
Onion Creek Club is Austin’s most historic golf club, founded in 1974 by three-time Masters Champion, Jimmy Demaret. There is no other golf club in the Austin area that provides the history steeped in tradition and quality. The club is managed by Dominion Golf Group, who owns golf courses in Austin, San Antonio, and Dallas.
Course Operation: Private Membership
Annual Rounds: 34,000
Maintenance Budget: $750,000 – $999,999
Number of Holes: 27 Holes
Irrigation System: Central Control (Toro Lynx)
Course Yardage: 6,600
Boot Ranch (1/4/18)
Boot Ranch is a Hal Sutton design, located in Fredericksburg the heart of the Texas Hill Country. The property consists of an 18-hole top ranked golf course, 34-acre golf practice park, Ranch club with pools and sports campus, clubhouse and a lake club nestled on an 11-acre lake. In 2017 the club underwent a successful 3-million-dollar renovation including: the construction of the 1 acre putting green and community park, new bunkers with bunker solution liners, conversion of 28 bent-grass greens to tiff-eagle ultra-dwarf Bermuda, and several other changes to further improve the playability of the golf course.
This position is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to advance in their career. The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of the day to day operations of the golf course including but not limited to: staff management, daily planning, budgeting, spraying, record keeping/recording data and water management. The assistant will work closely with the superintendent, senior assistant, mechanic and a year-round crew of approximately 18.
Benefits: Local/National Dues paid, monthly cell phone allowance, meals, uniforms provided, golfing privileges, Paid time off, medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
Minimum Education required:
Two year certificate, Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree in Turf Grass Management.
Minimum Experience required:
1 to 3 years golf course maintenance experience.
Licenses or Certificates Required:
Must have or be able to obtain a Texas Pesticide License within six months of employment.
- Good knowledge of chemical application equipment.
- Problem solving and decision making skills.
- Willingness to learn and get to the next level in their careers.
- Sound knowledge of agronomy and turfgrass management practices.
- Thorough understanding of the rules and as well as playing golf.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
Salary: 44K to 48K a year depending on experience.
Assistant Superintendent (10/18/17)
TPC Scottsdale boasts two championship courses available to the public: the world-famous Stadium Course and the
stunning Champions Course, located in Scottsdale, Arizona. Home of the largest-attended tournament in the world, the
fan-favorite Waste Management Phoenix Open, TPC Scottsdale is a masterful blend of challenge and playabilitycompelling
the sport’s top players and recreational golfers alike. TPC Scottsdale has been named “one of America’s best
courses” by Golfweek magazine, one of the “Top 50 Golf Resort Destinations in the World” by Conde Nast Traveler, and
is consistently named one of the top courses in Arizona.
TPC Scottsdale is currently seeking an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent.
• Assist with recruiting, hiring, scheduling and performance management of employees
• Making daily golf course maintenance assignments in accordance with agronomic/turf management plan
• Managing a crew of operators
• Maintaining adherence to established turf management plan
• Ensuring proper pesticide/fertilizer application and calibration
• Assist Director of Golf Course Maintenance Operation with maintaining budgets
Qualified candidates will have the following:
• 2 or 4-year turf degree
• 2-4 years golf course maintenance experience
• Prior supervisory experience preferred
• Computer and organizational skills
• Ability to train/supervise a crew of up to 30 on a daily basis
• Valid Arizona pesticide license or ability to obtain in 90 days
• Strong attention to detail, passion for excellence and a great attitude
• A desire to advance within the turfgrass industry
• Familiarity with multiple Bermuda Grass cultivars and Bermuda Grass Greens Management along with
overseeding practices a plus.
Our benefits include:
• Competitive Salary (42K)
• Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance with Health Savings Account
• Limited Moving Expenses Considered
• Life and Disability Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• 401(k) plus employer match
• Employer funded retirement plan
• Free employee meals
• Tuition Assistance
• Playing privileges
• Employee discounts
To help ensure our employees’ safety, we conduct background checks and are a drug-free workplace. EOE.