To post a job on this board, please send an email with a job description and contact information to email@example.com. Your position will be posted within 24 hours. Please let us know when the position has been filled so we can remove it from the site. Otherwise it will be removed after 90 days. Thank you.
Assistant Superintendent (6/12/18)
Barton Creek Country Club, Palmer Lakeside
Barton Creek Country Club’s success is due to its dedicated, intelligent and self-motivated family of associates who work together to deliver personalized service to the club’s members and maintain the company’s trademark high standards. If you would like to be a part of an environment where teamwork is emphasized and individual excellence is encouraged, then this is the place for you.
Barton Creek Country Club associates enjoy a dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out. If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve others, Barton Creek Country Club may be your perfect match.
Assumes the responsibilities of the Director in his absence. These responsibilities include the maintenance and operation of the golf course as well as all communication with management and related departments.
- Supervise, train and inspect golf course maintenance staff in performing complex cultural tasks including fertilization, pesticide applications, mowing, aerifying, topdressing, irrigation repairs and irrigation computer programming and all other golf course maintenance procedures.
- Assists Director with any construction projects.
- Maintains accurate records pertaining to employees, chemicals, fertilization, accidents and any other record keeping requirements.
- Reports any discrepancies in safety, improper equipment operation and maintenance procedures.
- Supervise the operation, maintenance and repair of all golf course equipment in the best interest of owner.
- Assists in annual budget and capital improvement requests.
- Reports and recommends any changes to procedures or training.
- Must be available 7 days per week and will be asked to work varied hours.
- Assist in administering payroll to ensure associates are paid accurately and on time.
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training, coaching and evaluating the performance of GCM associates.
- Attend required company trainings.
- Champion the Power of One / Omni culture.
- Experience in golf course and turf management is required.
- A degree or advanced education pertaining to the science of golf course management.
- Aptitude for administrative and executive responsibilities including effective oral and written communication skills and computer proficiency.
- Must obtain and maintain state sanctioned pesticide application certification within 6 months of employment
- Thorough understanding of the proper use of fertilizers and their application
- Thorough understanding of the proper irrigation of turf as it relates to turf health and course conditioning.
- Ability to prepare the golf course for play according to the rules of golf.
- Valid Drivers license.
Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity/AA/Disability/Veteran employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and the following link is the OFCCP’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination policy statement
If you are interested in applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jeffrey Franklin, Jeffrey.franklin2@omnihotels.
Assistant in Training (6/7/18)
Whispering Pines Golf Club, Trinity, TX
ABOUT WHISPERING PINES GOLF CLUB
Located in Trinity, Texas, Whispering Pines Golf Club® is approximately 88 miles north of Houston situated on a spectacular 400 acre property featuring piney woods, creeks, lakes, natural dunes, and abundant wildlife. The golf experience at Whispering Pines Golf Club® is truly memorable for its members and invited guests. Whispering Pines Golf Club® has a philanthropic golf membership program with each member making an annual contribution to the Spirit Golf Association. Membership in the non-profit Spirit Golf Association consists of individuals, national, corporations, Spirit tournament sponsors, and charitable partners. SGA charities support health related causes and the promotion of amateur golf. The Club is open on a seasonal basis for 15 weeks each in the Spring and Fall seasons. In season the club operations are Tuesday thru Sunday, which provides every member and their guest the best possible guest service and course conditions. The club is currently ranked #1 in Texas and #55 in the Top 100 list in Golf Digest. So, take a tour of our website and see for yourself why so many people rave about the experience at Whispering Pines Golf Club®…it’s filled with philanthropy, tradition, and prestige. Education: Minimum 2 year degree in turfgrass management or related field required
Experience: At least 1 year working on a golf course preferable.
Special Skills: detail-oriented, energetic individual that is capable of growing into the Second Assistant Position.
Other Information: Excellent opportunity to work amateur and collegiate championship tournaments. In 2020 we will be doing a full course renovation which will be an experience worth putting on your resume.
golf course maintenance, fertilizer/pesticide application, crew supervision/assistance, filling in where needed
health insurance, life insurance, annual vacation, annual sick leave, dues paid for local, state, and national memberships, meals, bonus, 401(k), golfing privileges, uniforms/clothing, cell phone
Send resume to: email@example.com or
A J Pursley
Golf Course Superintendent of the Needler
Whispering Pines Golf Club
1532 Whispering Pines Dr.
Trinity, TX 75862
Director of Agronomy and Golf Course Superintendents
Position available: immediately
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
The Wilderness Golf Club – Lake Jackson, Texas (5/12/18)
Responsible for all activities related to the care and maintenance of the golf course, grounds, and equipment. Assists the Superintendent with planning and implementing budget and operating plans. Hires, trains and supervises staff. Responsibilities also include applying relevant landscaping, horticultural principles to assure that quality standards are consistently achieved and/or exceeded.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Plan and implement staffing schedules to ensure quality standards are achieved.
• Supervise the development and maintenance of drainage, irrigation, pumping and water reservoir systems.
• Supervise all planting, fertilizing and care of turf, plants, shrubs, and trees on the golf course and grounds.
• Supervise equipment maintenance and repair operations.
• Ensure maintenance of all appropriate quality and cleanliness standards including, but not limited to, employee hygiene and uniforms, equipment repair areas, equipment storage areas, chemical and fertilizer storage areas, receiving areas, washing areas, lunch room areas, restrooms, etc.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, OSHA rules and regulations, relating to chemical and fertilizer storage and disposal, employee safety, public safety, etc.
• Maintain accurate records for pertaining to department activities including, but not limited to, labor schedules, course maintenance, safety meetings and activities, fertilizer and chemical applications and pest control practices.
• Perform other duties as appropriate.
• Two or four year college degree preferred.
• Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required.
• Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Supervises: Maintenance Foreman; Irrigation Specialist; Equipment Operators; Equipment Tech; Laborers
Reports To: Golf Course Superintendent
Compensation: Minimum $39,000+/year – competitive based on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits package.
Position Available: 6/1/2018
Contact: Blayne C. Sparks– Golf Course Superintendent
The Wilderness Golf Club
501 Highway 332 West
Lake Jackson, TX 77566
979/ 297-4653 (Office)
225/ 939-6019 (Cell)
Onion Creek Club – Austin, Texas (4/1/2018)
The selected candidate will assist the superintendent in all aspects of golf course management including crew management, irrigation, fertilizer and pesticide applications, and record keeping. The assistant superintendent must have great communication skills, an eye for detail, strong work ethic, and the drive to learn, succeed and advance within the industry.
Salary: $40,000 – $50,000 Annually D.O.E
Duties: Golf Course Maintenance, Tennis Court Maintenance, Trees & Shrubbery, Driving Range, Fertilizer/Pesticide Applications, Clubhouse Maintenance
Benefits: Paid Annual Vacation Leave, Meals, Golfing Privileges, 401(k), GCSAA Membership Dues, , Chapter Dues, Uniforms/clothing allowance, Health Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance
Responsible to: Superintendent
Application Deadline: 4/21/2018
Date Position is Available: 04/16/2018
Send Resume to:
Ryan J. Crump
2510 Onion Creek Parkway
Austin, Texas 78747
Education: A minimum of 2 – 4 year degree in agronomy/turfgrass.
Experience: 2 years experience as an assistant desired, and a background in warm season turfgrasses.
Special Skills: Excellent work ethic and good organizational/management skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask. Possess a passion for golf course maintenance with a keen eye for detail. Must have the ability to obtain a TX pesticide license within 90 days of hire.
Onion Creek Club is Austin’s most historic golf club, founded in 1974 by three-time Masters Champion, Jimmy Demaret. There is no other golf club in the Austin area that provides the history steeped in tradition and quality. The club is managed by Dominion Golf Group, who owns golf courses in Austin, San Antonio, and Dallas.
Course Operation: Private Membership
Annual Rounds: 34,000
Maintenance Budget: $750,000 – $999,999
Number of Holes: 27 Holes
Irrigation System: Central Control (Toro Lynx)
Course Yardage: 6,600